Without our #2 player, Thomas McGinnis, we fell just short of a good win against a great team. The score didn’t show how close this match really was. I was incredibly proud of #5, Spicer Pagan tonight. He played a tough first set, only to come back and almost win the second. He was right there, every single point. When things didn’t go his way, he kept his head up and pushed forward, focusing on the next point. He did everything asked of him and left everything on the court.
Prathipati came up with our only win of the night. The match was up and down at the beginning of each set, but Vineel figured out what he needed to do and finished games strong.
In the matches that we lost tonight, our boys really fought hard. There are some strategical aspects to the game that we need to work on to finish points that will help our boys win these types of matches in the future.
I don’t often enjoy a loss, but the tennis we played tonight was fun to watch. We get to see this team again at the end of April and I look forward to seeing how much we’ve grown.
Summerville 1, Beaufort 5
1. T. Gnann (BHS) def. S. Dimuzio 7-6(4), 6-4
2. G. Stone (BHS) def. D. Whetsell 6-4, 6-2
3. D. Ladino (BHS) def. R. Gajjar 6-4, 6-2
4. V. Prathipati (SHS) def. M. Patterson 6-3, 6-3
5. M. Russell (BHS) def. S. Pagan 6-2, 7-6(5)
1. B. Daniel and T. Mortin (BHS) def. E. Naval and W. Wimberly 7-5, 6-3